Sunday, September 26, 2010

WALKING THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE




I spent a lot of time this summer walking the Brooklyn Bridge.  For years I would say that I was going to walk that bridge but would never go through with it.  Last year I finally walked it and never stopped.  It's a continuous experience for me now and I can't figure out what took me so long.  The distance is great for a cardio speed walk, a romantic stroll, or a life embracing leisure walk. You can have a nice picnic on the bench as you gaze at the skyline or ride your bike across in the breeze.  Whatever you choose to do you have options and the best part is that it's free.  You may not have the Brooklyn Bridge where you live but you do have something.  Rather it's your city's river front, local park, or your neighbors backyard.  Make an experience happen before the warm weather REALLY changes.  If you're really not creative I'll give you one of mine.
1.  Look up the times for sunrise and sunset.  Choose which you want to see.
2.  If it's cool out make a great cup of coffee, tea, or cocoa.
3.  If it's warm out make iced coffee, iced tea, wine, or champagne. (Mimosa is a good choice)
4.  Grab a light comfy blanket/throw.
5.  Sit on the porch or backyard in a comfy chair or lounge chair.
6.  Go out at least 30 min. before time .  Stay as long as you like.
7. Visualize your destination  (St. Thomas, Ocho Rios, French Riviera, etc)
If I really can't relax I just stare at the sky and try and picture all of the people all over the world who is doing this very same thing at this very same time  No matter how rich or poor it's still the same sky.  Create an experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment